Friday, February 9, 2007

What I Thought About Tuesday's Class

After working with my group on the project Tuesday I have to say that I am pretty excited about what we may have created. There were some initial start up problems, but I'd have to chaulk that up to inexpierience. At first we had trouble with our tri-pod which was in-turn leading to problems with lighting. We originally couldn't get the tripod up high enough so we were catching a lot of shadows from our plates of glass. Once we were able to raise the tripod, the lighting was much easier. We began filming and instead of using only two clicks of the camera per shot we used three and sometimes six. We did this in order to hopefully have a little more footage to work with during the editing stages of the film, I thought we did a good job with continuity on the shoot. We did small movements and kept several things in motion during the shoot. We also came up with several different ideas while we were shooting that I think will make the film a lot better than we had originally scripted out. I had to leave early to go to my next class, but I talked to one of my group members and he said that the rest of the shoot went really well and I look forward to getting into the editing room and seeing what it looks like all put together.

1 comment:

Six X. One said...

Now that I think about it, three of the four groups had a handicap. You all had the stumpy tripod issue. Another had to animate be sticking a thumb tack in the camera to click off frames and another group had trouble mounting the camera on a tripod for a good half-hour because the camera wasn't designed for our tri-pods. I can see a reality show being created around this theme - "Super-8 EXXXXtreme" or something like that.

It seems like everyone bounced back from these obstacles, pretty well, though.